"What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us." ~ Helen Keller

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Kit

With a heart full of love and eyes full of mischief she gifted me with her friendship as we sat at her kitchen table - just the two of us - shared our stories, drank our tea and laughed as we watched an albino squirrel perform acrobatics through the window of the patio door. We rose and walked outside to visit the honeybees that lived in the hollow of a tree. The bees are dying in vast numbers on our planet and I told Kit what joy it brought me to see a honeybee colony thriving in her backyard. Today, as you remember Kit, I care for Bunny and Tom's two new honeybee hives in Atlanta and perform in The Bee Factor this evening to encourage people to help save the bees. My performance is dedicated to Kit's memory and the subtle wisdom and quiet grace that flowed from her life into mine. I was deeply touched by Kit and Ron's repeated hospitality to me in support of the growth of my theater collection at Ohio State University and it was a great pleasure to have had the opportunity to meet some of you at the lovely Sunday brunch at their home. It's wonderful to know that you've gathered to honor Kit at a place that means so much to her. I send each of you my love and deepest condolences.

Sandra Hughes
NOTE: Given at Kit's Memorial Service, Camp Arnold, Ohio, May 29, 2010 by Christina Spach in Sandra Hughes' absence - Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment